Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The plan

December 26, 2007 - My wife and I purchased about 25 acres of land about 40 miles south of Charlottesville, Va a few years ago with the plan to build a house and retire about 10 years from now. The property is covered in timber and this blog is designed to document the process of building a new home in rural Virginia. I try and stop by the property at least three times a year to make sure the the timber has not been stolen and check the access to the property. This past weekend, I went out with my nephew and remarked the Property lines in the pouring rain. In reviewing the zoning for building a new house in the county, I need to contact VDOT and get a permit for a driveway connection to Rt 15. AT this time I think I will get the new property address. Currently looking to get the permits and then call a forester to walk the property and give me an estimate on what 5 acres of timber is worth. Need to have the timber cleared for the pasture and about 1 acres for the homesite/septic field. I will also need to get a permit for the Septic field and water well. When I purchased the property, there were 2 perc tests done so that should not be a problem. I have marked all the property corners using my GPS and have loaded them in to Google Earth with approximate location of the Homesite and pasture.



We have decided on a plan for the house and want to modify the plans to include a small basement for locating the Heating unit, water heater, and other mechanical items. I will post links in the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home