Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Met with Forrester

February 7, 2008 - Drove down today and got into town around 11 am. Stopped by Southern States and purchased 24Ft 12"diameter corrugated metal culvert pipe which they will deliver for 20 bucks. Plenty of time before I met with the Forester so I spent time cutting all the 1/2 to 1 inch diameter saplings that had grown over the past year. Used a lopper and it worked fine other than alot of bending over...

Couldn't get the lock open and went to the hardware store and got some WD-40 and graphite to see if I could get it open... No luck. Went back and found bolt cutters for 21 bucks. Worked like a charm. Installed a new chain and lock and sprayed it with graphite.

Met with Justin and explained what I was planning to do. He said that there should be no problem and we walked around the property for a while. He recommended leaving trees around where I am considering a pond... keeps it shaded and minimizes algae growth. He did saw it would be better to wait till the summer before getting a timber contract so the land would be drier.

Located where I want to site the Cabin. It will be about 75 feet in from the property lines in the northwest corner of the property. Going to get a good chain saw and cut some trees down where the cabin will be.

Also trimmed the area on the easement where the driveway will be located. I will probably have to replace the small 10 foot Driveway gate for future access of trucks onto the property. I will give VDOT a call and see when they expect the driveway connnection to be completed...

My back is killing me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home