Saturday, March 15, 2008

Two days this week...

Went down on friday to get a building permit and was missing the original VDOT driveway permit. Had to stop by their shop and get another original. Went to the building permit department, but the person I needed to see was on Vacation. Stpped by the Health Department to see if they had to give me a letter saying I was not going to have a septic field or a well at the persent time. Think I have everything I need and will mail the information after a call on Monday.

I have decided to hire someone to knock the trees around the building site. Gas is costing about $65 to go down and back to the property. It will take me a few months of going down every weekend to get the site ready and will be cheaper to get a dozer to just come in and knock the trees down. It will also make it easier to grade the property since there won't be stumps. I marked a number of trees and have contacted someone to give me an estimate. Hopefully they can come by in the next few days. Thinking it is an area of about 1 full acre. The picture below shows the trees that are marked (red) for knock-down.



Decided to stay in the area rather than drive home since there is a Central Va Gold Propecting club meeting on Saturday. They are looking at starting a new East Coast Club since the other major club is primarily for people on the West coast. I really hope to get to mining for some gold on the property. Perhaps I will find some when I dig the pond.



Came back the next morning and starting digging holes for the footers. Didn't make the Gold club meeting, but got alot done. The picture below is of the pier holes. The slope of the site will mean that the front right corner will have the deck at about 45 inches high. That's a bit higher than I want, but I do want airflow and the cabin has to be at least 12 inches above the ground. Also started looking at where I want the windows to be positioned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home