Friday, February 22, 2008

Future Plans

I found a very efficient steam engine that I am thinking about using to generate power to charge batteries. I think I will wait until someone produces a kit of a 3 cylinder unit under license from the inventor. The unit can be see here:

Green Steam Engine




I will hook this to some kind of Generator or a homebuilt Axial Flux unit to charge batteries along with some solar panels.


I have decided that I will probably get a tractor to do some grading and site prep work and also use this to dig a pond. The driveway has a number of places where small "Branches" (creeks...) cut across the driveway to the back of the property. The pond will be constructed by creating a berm for the driveway and also using the backhoe to dig out the area in front of the berm. I have decided that I will probably get the Kubota BX-24 pictured below. Someone has already made an Auger that will fit the sub-compact tractor's 3 point hitch. Cost will be around $16K.



It may be small, but it is probably all I need for plowing the driveway, installing posts, basic grading, adding some culverts to the driveway and making the pond. It will also be handy in moving "rounds" from the clearing work that I will be doing.

I have decided on a wood splitter, and altough a bit pricy, it seems to have the durability and ease of use I am looking for.... Timberwolf seems to be the one. I will probably not get this for another year or so.



Hope to go down this weekend and get some more area cleared for the cabin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home