Saturday, October 25, 2008

Raining today...

Came down this morning in the pouring rain and found the cabin dry inside. Spent some time foaming the cracks between the roofing and the front wall to keep the bees and any other critters out. Set up a temporary kitchen and test drove some of my old camping equipment. The heater that I purchased has been discontinued and all the people on Amazon.com are still selling it because they haven't kept up on the stock levels. The DV21 model made by Longvie has been discontinued, but I now have the name of the North American Importer and will try and get the newer model pictured below. Really want to go with a direct vent heater. I like the newer model because you can see the flame.




Brought down a old Kerosene heater and fired it up for a few minutes today. Left a pretty bad smell, but made the cabin extremely hot in about ten minutes. I will be using it tonight since it is going down to the lower 40s. Need to do some rearranging of all the trim lumber so I can come down with the wife and kids soon and have room to move around.

Weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow and depending on how I feel, I may get all the roof felted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home