Saturday, October 4, 2008

Roofing by yourself 102...

I must have climbed up and down the ladder over 100 times today! Everything is progressing well and I hope to have the cabin closed in by tomorrow.



This is the method for getting the plywood up on top of the cabin. The ladder is very stable and I can drop the sheet off at the top and it will stay in place resting on the two ladder supports. I am using 7/16 OSB, covering it with 30# felt, and attaching slats that the metal roof will screw onto.I was thinking that the plywood would be too thin on 24 in centers, but it is really quite strong and you can't beat the price of $7.84 a sheet.



With all the changes I have made to the original plans, it takes quite some time to figure out the siding layout. The original plan only had 5 windows and they were pretty small.






Actually sat in the dark and rested in the cabin and enjoyed Prairie home companion on NPR. Going to sleep early tonight an see it I can complete the roof by noon.

1 Comments:

Blogger VAVA said...

only if I got time to do this

October 4, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home