Friday, October 10, 2008

Roofing by yourself 201...

Got to the property and starting putting the plywood on the front of the Cabin. I used a rope to pull the sheets up the ladder and it was a lot less strenuous. Got 5 sheets up and nailed in about 1.5 hours.


Started working on getting the back roof covered with roofing felt. Need to figure out exactly where to mount the top slat to have the correct overhang. I hope to get some of the metal roofing on tomorrow. I do have to leave early afternoon on Saturday to go to my Fireworks club shoot. I will take the camper and get it back home and in the garage so I don't have to winterize it.

The CrackerJacks club is going to have our fall shoot and it should be a good one. We got a free organ and an accomplished organist is going to sit in a feild and play while fireworks are shot. I donated 80 dollars for a 10" shell and get to sit in the VIP area. I think we have 5 16 inch shells. (The largest shell shot in the 4th of July Washington DC shows is a 12 incher!) The annual Pumpkin Busting contest will be held and real pumpkin Chucking (compressed air) will also be there. Really want to finsh up the roof, but I can't miss this shoot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home