Monday, March 24, 2008

It’s a “Shed”….!!!

When I applied for the building permit, I stated that I wanted to build a cabin…. Unfortunately, a cabin is something that the county considered a residence. They would not approve a building permit unless it had a septic field and a well. I finally spoke to someone that said I was building a storage shed… after the third time he said this, I finally caught on… :-)

Permit is approved and I finally got an email from the excavating company. They had been out of town for the week before Easter. They are looking at the area I want cleared by this weekend and hopefully then can get the trees knocked down soon.

I also got the new address. A call to the post office got someone to come out with their GPS (Trimble) and get the coordinates for the center of the driveway and where the “Shed” will be built. He entered the coordinates into a computer program and the address was assigned. Apparently, the address is based on how many feet from a major intersection the driveway is located. My number is quite different from the houses across the street… probably caused by the fact they were assigned 30 years ago. I was told that this will help locate my house in the event of a 911 call.

Footers had filled in a bit, but I will re-dig them after the trees are knocked down. Can’t wait to call and get the “shed” kit on the way. Hopefully in the next few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home