Sunday, April 20, 2008

Glad I came home...

Drove down yesterday to deliver the pop-up trailer. Slow traffic and it took a bit longer to get there. All the trees are down and I actually ran into the owner of Tyson's Excavating who was there picking up the dozer. They did an amazing job for a reasonable price. I highly recommend them! There was apparently a local timber fire and he was getting the dozer to see if they needed it to create a firebreak.



The picture below shows the main gate entrance to the property. I was thinking about staying the night, but they were expecting lots of rain and even landrovers have trouble going uphill in 10 inches of mud. Glad I came home.





Now I can come down and spend the night in comfort.




Looking at timber arches to move some of this around.... It can wait a while.


This is a shot of the timber fire about 10 miles away. I overheard someone at lunch saying that over 10 fire stations had responded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home