Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yogaville...

Came down on noon Friday the 13th towing the trailer and the main 20 foot beams for the cabin. It took Cliffe and I about ½ hour to get them out of the garage and onto the trailer. Took me a bit of time to get them off the trailer by myself.

Finished digging all the footer holes to accept the 12 inch tubes and got the bottoms for all of them filled by dark. Way tired and was in bed around 10pm. Got up at sun-up Saturday morning and got all the posts set and at least one 40# bag around the bottom of each post. The posts were cut a bit long and I will use a Laser level to even them all up when they are dry.

It was just too hot and humid to work after 11am, so I jumped in the truck and went shopping for some needed items and then just went for a drive. I had seen that there is a Yoga Shrine about 18 miles from the property in a place called….Duh…Yogaville. I drove up expecting that I couldn’t see the shrine from the road and they wouldn’t allow me to go unless I was on a tour. I just kept driving and finally got the the entrance to the shrine and there were no signs saying I couldn’t proceed, so I did!

After I entered the gate, the road split and I had to take the entrance road which was in the left hand side. I was figuring that maybe this was because most of the world drives on the left. The one lane road wound around with speed limits going down to 5 miles an hour and many sharp turns. I created a hill and WOW… there it was!




I then realized that the split road gave a much more dramatic first view of the shrine when taking the left route. I stopped at an overlook with a meditation bench and took a picture of the first view of the shine that someone encounters.




Drove down and parked in a lot and walked and shot a few pictures.


Symbols for all the different religions in the World






As I was returning the the car, I looked up the hill and noticed the building on top of the hill. Not sure who lives there but it must be the resident Swami. As I left, I tried to find a way to that spot, but I am pretty sure that it is off-limits. One day I would like to take the tour, but I better wait till the Wife is with me…

More info at http://www.yogaville.org/




I returned back to the Property and heard the weather report sating they were expecting a hugh thunderstorm and rain all night. Ran around and closed the trailer up and loaded everything back on the trailer as the storm hit. Grabbed a shot of the work accomplished. The Beams are not in their correct position, but at least they are off the ground. Drove home in the rain and can now spend all day Sunday working around the house! Plan to take the flooring joists down the next time I go down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home