Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mud, Mud, Mud....

It's rained for the past week or so and my wife and I came down to the property to check out the damage. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but we did have lots of trouble getting the MiniVan back up the hill.

I was going to finish the post holes, but they were full of water. As I bailed one out, it just kept filling from all the water in the soil. I guess I will take them down to at least 24 inches and make the bottom of the hole much wider than the 8" diameter concrete post.

Kristina brought down alot of the dog kennel runs she has been collecting over the past few years. All the dogs came and they had the time of their life! Here are a few pictures.



The picture above is the eastern end of the property and where the house will eventually be built. It is relatively flat and the septic field will be down the hill a bit. Everything looks so different with all the leaves on the trees.




This is a picture walking back to the cabin site. You can see the cleared area and the stading water in the bottom of the frame. I really need to get the tractor soon so I can do some grading. All the water from the property seems to find the driveway and run down the hill. Stopped on the way home and looked at the Kubota Tractor. Might have to get the B26 to tackle all the things that need to be done.




Kristina wanted me to get a picture of Opal so her breeder can see how pretty and refined she is.... (Brandi...she doesn't always look like this)

The cabin is coming on Thursday......hope it doesn't rain as forecast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home