Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finally stayed in the cabin...

Got up early and started the kerosene heater. Warmed the place up quickly, but the smell is not very nice. I went to breakfast and left the heater on. I was gone about 45 minutes and when I returned the flame was very low. Opening a few windows made the flame come back so I can only assume that most of the oxygen had been used up. Definitely don't want to fall asleep with that heater going. (When I returned from breakfast, I saw about 9 wild turkeys hanging out near the cabin. They moved away so quikly, I didn't even have time to get a picture of them)



Made a makeshift kitchen area and also found out that I don't want to use my white gas stove inside either. I will probably get a two burner propane stove.



Still have a bunch of trim wood in the cabin, but rearranged everything to make some room.



Need to get a better bed! My back was killing me...



As I was leaving, I took a picture up the driveway. The trees are starting to turn and most of the leaves will be gone shortly. Not much done... I am feeling a bit ill with a bad sore throat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home