Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dew point 70.....

I am sitting in the McDonalds down the street waiting for the rain to let up. Loaded the trailer Friday morning and headed down. The humidity was very high and I was soaked after about twenty minutes. Finished nailing in all the blocking and started cutting plywood to apply the bottom of the floor to keep the critters out of the insulation.



This project did not go as smoothly as I envisioned. I was so dehydrated and was cramping in my arms, so I called it a night and headed for the Motel. Decided to stay in Appomattax so I could take showers after playing with Insulation. Came back the Saturday morning during a drizzle which stopped about an hour later. Cut and installed two more bottom sheets and cut the others. Nailing them while laying on my back in the dirt made it pretty difficult. I glued some small slats to make sure the bottom floor had no entrances to allow bugs to get into the floor.


After a section of the bottom floor was done I installed some insulation and was suprised that I didn't itch it all! Glad I had the shower when I got home.
This morning I came back to finish the bottom floor and get the floor completed but the weather isn't cooperating. I still haven't unloaded the trailer and don't really want to do that in the rain. The current plan is to get the lumber loaded onto the cabin floor and get everything covered so I can head home.

At least I got the lumber down here and can bring more on my next visit. WIsh it would stop raining......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home