Saturday, January 24, 2009

Its still there....

Had to get down this weekend to see how everything was doing. Very different after 3 months. I was surprised to see the angle of the sun's position in the sky. I thought it would be much lower based on the time of day and the time of the year. Without leaves, it is amazing how far one can see.


A shot looking down the driveway as I drove in.



Looking out the front of the cabin. Still can't see Willis mountain. Going to get someone to come in an cut the trees into some nice timbers to use for something.



This shot was taken at 1pm. The camera autoexposure actually removed the sun, but you can tell by the gloss on the top of the cabin that the angle to the sun was greater than the roof pitch. I'll have to look that up on-line to find the exact angle for the day.



It was Moxie's sixth birthday so I took her along. I think she must have been some type of water dog in her previous life. She just loves the water! She is in the creek at the lowest part of the land that I want to dam up and create a small pond with some type of Micro-hydro power generation.



Walking back to the west up the hill. It is amazing how far I could see without all the leaves gone.



It was 52 degrees and I wished I had come prepared to do some work. There is still a lot to finish on the cabin and then it will be time to get a tractor and start some grading and drainage work.

1 Comments:

Blogger blunoz said...

Hey Norm! Funny how you came across my blog. If you do a search for "geocaching" on my blog you can read about several of our geocaching adventure hikes both in Hawaii and here in VA.

Kev / Blunoz

January 31, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home