Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Down for the Weekend...

My wife was attending a dog show and only left me with one dog, so I decided to go down to the cabin. She also took the Video camera, so no pictures
this week.

Took a leisurely drive down and hit a few geocaches along the way
(http://www.Geocaching.com ). Moxie (eldest dog) came along. The whole
way down I kept telling her we were on the way to the "Cabin" and she
would give me "tippy" heads. The whole way down the drive I kept
repeating the word cabin. She has been down a few times before, but
never spent the night. Now she definitely knows the word.

I didn't get too much done, but Moxie had the time of her life. So
many smells and places to explore. Set up the new Queen sized AeroBed
and also bought a new propane 2 burner stove. I brought a single
heater attachment that fits on a 20lb propane cylinder to provide
heat, but think I need the two burner unit. I was surprised at the
temperature in the cabin compared to the outside temp when we arrived.
It was easily 20 degree cooler in the cabin. There is no insulation
yet, but it is completely sealed. I hope the temperature will stay 20
degrees cooler that the outside temperature this summer!!

In the next few months, I will be getting a solar panel kit to provide
lighting. A friend who lives on a boat in the Baltimore inner harbor
showed me a website that makes some very impressive LED light for
marine applications. Their website is http://www.doctorled.com .

Dreamed up a potential way to collect rainwater after it has been
raining for a while. I will set up a Rube Goldberg divertion system
that will automatically divert the water to a cistern AFTER it has
rained a bit. This will allow the built up dirt on the roof to be flushed off
before sending it to the cistern. Should keep the stored water a bit
cleaner.

There is so much that I need to do to finish the cabin, but have the
entire summer to get it done... Plan to go down next weekend if the
weather in nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home