Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mud, Mud, Mud...

Drove down on Saturday morning and stopped at Lowe's to get some lumber to build a bedframe and a counter for the Kitchen. Made a quick and dirty bed-frame with 2x4s and some OSB seathing all held together with wood screws. I then made a counter to hold my sink. The parts for the sink cost less than 20 dollars and all the lumber for the counter and bed cost about 25 dollars.



It was great sleeping on this! The temperature only went down to 60 degrees so the sleeping bag was just used as a cover. The bed will eventually be moved up to the sleeping loft.




Made the sink a bit higher than normal. The sink is a 5 gallon bucket and it is pretty deep so making the counter higher will be easier on the back.




I like the lip on the sink. I will make a shelf over the sink to hold a 5 gallon tank to hold fresh water. The plumbing is just going to go through the wall and dump on the ground. I will be careful to only use biodegradable soap.




It may not look great, but it certainly is functional.




Messed up here...Forgot that the stove has a windscreen and it cuts the light coming through the window. I will either remove the the screen or extend the counter.

During the night, it rained like crazy! Sound was rather soothing, but the driveway area was covered in about an 1 and a half inches of mud. Really need to do a lot of grading since there was a large puddle right in front of the cabin and in places in the driveway. I really want to get the tractor and start grading. Thank goodness for the Land Rover. Did some general cleaning and moved some things around, but there is still too much trim lumber in the cabin. I think I will put a small picnic table where the bed is after I move it to the loft. May even come down next weekend on Friday night (depending on the weather) since it is becoming quite livable now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home