Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Been a while since I posted...

Went down to the property to see if the hail storm had damaged the roof. Only stopped by for a few minutes because I was attending the CrackerJack's fireworks shoot back on May 17th. No damage found!...

Drove down last weekend and dropped off our Junior handler, Demi, at a friends house near Richmond to attend Dog shows on Saturday and Sunday. Made it to the cabin by 6pm and everything was so overgrown I went immediately down to the Lowes in Farmville to get the cheapest (10% discount for Fathers day!) lawnmower I could find... Mowed the driveway and cut back all the encroaching small trees.

Brought down an old A/C unit that I had bought in Gillette, WY a few years ago. Powered up the generator and got the inside temperature down to 80 degrees F. (It was 94 outside!). Worked well enough to lower the humidity and make it bearable inside the cabin.

Too hot to finish the roof, but did get a lot of brush clearing done... Will post some pictures of "Nature taking over" in a few days.

Stopped by the Depot Diner and had a great time with my new friends. I really love the people in the area. They are very different from Northern Virginians...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home