Saturday, November 7, 2009

I finally have heat…

Been a while since I posted anything here, but I have been going down working on the cabin every couple of weeks. I drove down on Saturday morning a few weeks ago and it was raining most of the day.

The Direct-Vent heater arrived a few weeks ago and the project for the weekend was to get it installed…

The wall needed to be insulated and an interior wall installed in order to mount the heater. This was relatively simple, but took most on the day Saturday with only one trip to the Lowes located about 18 miles away. Purchase what I thought would be the correct fitting to the heater.

To make a long story short, the fitting wasn’t the correct one, so on Sunday I made two more trips to get ALL the required parts required. The heater is rated at 18K BTUs and quickly warmed the interior. I will now be able to go down on cold days and finish insulating the entire cabin.


The heater mounted to the wall…






The heater requires no electricity and runs off a propane tank. The first thing I had to do was select the wall area where it was going to go and cut out the access for the vent. I selected this type of heater because it is safe because all oxygen comes in through the vent, and all combustion gasses are vented directly outside. The heater is completely sealed off inside the cabin, so no worries about Carbon Monoxide or depleted Oxygen causing one to pass out in the middle of a cold night.



The Direct vent… not completely finished, have a little more chiseling to do...






Propane tank with regulator and fittings. I will replace the tank with a larger one in the future...




I threw down some grass seed about a month ago and I now have grass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home